The Power of a Dream




As last night’s $900 Million Dollar Powerball® has come and gone, you just have to take a moment to embrace the impact that small paper ticket had on your life this past week!

I’m not much of a gambler, especially when it’s based mostly on chance. Sure I’ve taken risks with money over the years, but it was based on numbers and calculable factors that would lead to a probable success. I just don’t think I can place a vision on the same scale as a dream when it comes down to money. But when the jackpot is “record breaking”, well you just have to take a chance on the remote chance you could win.

As I sat out on the patio last night enjoying a fine cigar with my good friend, the conversation just seemed to turn into a dream session. You know, the whole “what would you do if you won” conversation.

I can only imagine the many similar interactions taking place last night as the drawing came near. For many, a chance to live beyond their present situation; to pay their bills and to do what only they could previously dream about. For some it may be about “paying it forward” or financing that business they’ve always dreamed about starting. But then there’s the guy interviewed on the news that it was all about hookers and cocaine – not sure that’s a dream but more of a short-lived fantasy.

Those conversations and thoughts, brought on some laughs, some crazy ideas and some very heart felt goals. Sure it was a long shot reality, but it proved the dream was alive inside of us. Without them, life would be too undefined, too mundane with nothing to shoot for. When it came right down to it, with $900 million dollars on the line, it was really about taking the edge off life, understanding already what was really important to us and it wasn’t going to take a pile of money to truly make us happier than we already were.

The good news is, we have another chance coming soon. Another line to fight and even a greater chance of not winning this jackpot; but we will play again. This time it’s not so much about the dream, but just a chance to win; because we know we likely won’t and that’s okay. I know that I’m already rich in my life and my dreams are alive and I will make the best of each day I have because of it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Politically Above the Law

The Science of Bias

The Fruit Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree...Or Does It?