The Twisted Tale of Two Articles
http://www.occupydemocrats.com/7-year-old-girl-shot-dead-at-soccer-practice-by-mentally-ill-man-with-legal-gun-2/
I first saw this article on Facebook this morning and based upon what I read, I posted the following commentary:
"The fear or hatred of guns is what drives articles of tragedy to sway the focus from the mental issues surrounding the shooter to fulfill their obsessed anti-gun agendas. People who knew this man certainly knew of his issues. His doctor, his family, his friends. But in a politically correct charged society, those same people who hate guns, keep people silent about exposing the mental issues at hand because they fear offending or simply don't want to get involved. This man was mentally damaged and sought out harm. Because he used a gun, it's the gun's fault instead of those who may have been able to prevent his actions by first speaking to someone about it. Society is so driven by sensitivity that even the police have become more cautious about calling someone out on alleged mental issues. Again, the police get blasted for being insensitive with the mentally ill. Then when tragedy hits, well the critics become the arm chair quarterback that wants to make a human issue a gun issue. If you haven't got the nerve to speak out about a situation that doesn't feel right, then I'm sure you don't have the courage to step forward afterwards and admit you might have been able to do something to have prevented it. Blame the gun and not the shooter and your conscious can be clear of any accountability.
By the
way, the reporting of mental issues is the point of failure. HIPPA and
countless privacy issue raise the bar of liability for violating that
privacy. Plus the means of reporting and documenting concerns of
violence against themselves or others is inadequate. In other words,
there is no mental illness registry to identify the potential dangerous
persons...that is just socially unacceptable. We just wait until tragedy
hits, spin the root cause and place blame where it doesn't belong and
let the prison system deal with it...if they are still alive."
Then I noticed this article posted below...
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/general-news/20151204/deputies-remove-145-guns-from-rochester-hills-home-after-man-shot-at-wife
Well then I had to make the following commentary:
"Now I am confused?? The Oakland Press has a completely different article about this same man (or the same mug shot) who shot at his wife and he didn't kill her. So which article is true? The Oakland Press is a legitimate media source as compared to the Occupy Democrats site which is a political agenda site. It appears to me that once again, gun haters twist real articles with same mugshot of John Lewis Piotrowski to bolster their gun agenda. This is a disgusting use of a tragedy to endorse a political agenda! The democrat article says he turned the gun on himself, but the Oakland Press article says he is in jail on a $500,000 bond. More smoke and mirrors to flame the stupidity of lies!"
I'm sorry, but this really got under my skin because the image used to reach Facebook followers on the Occupy Democrats link, was not used in the article itself. It was the misuse of images to create an emotional link to their gun control agenda. Of course I'm believing the Oakland Press article is legitimate, but I just have to wonder why the distortion of the truth is the platform this political entity chooses to stand upon?
It's one thing to report the truth. It's quite another to distort it!
Then I noticed this article posted below...
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/general-news/20151204/deputies-remove-145-guns-from-rochester-hills-home-after-man-shot-at-wife
Well then I had to make the following commentary:
"Now I am confused?? The Oakland Press has a completely different article about this same man (or the same mug shot) who shot at his wife and he didn't kill her. So which article is true? The Oakland Press is a legitimate media source as compared to the Occupy Democrats site which is a political agenda site. It appears to me that once again, gun haters twist real articles with same mugshot of John Lewis Piotrowski to bolster their gun agenda. This is a disgusting use of a tragedy to endorse a political agenda! The democrat article says he turned the gun on himself, but the Oakland Press article says he is in jail on a $500,000 bond. More smoke and mirrors to flame the stupidity of lies!"
I'm sorry, but this really got under my skin because the image used to reach Facebook followers on the Occupy Democrats link, was not used in the article itself. It was the misuse of images to create an emotional link to their gun control agenda. Of course I'm believing the Oakland Press article is legitimate, but I just have to wonder why the distortion of the truth is the platform this political entity chooses to stand upon?
It's one thing to report the truth. It's quite another to distort it!


Comments
Post a Comment